CYNTHIA K. GARRETT
Attorney at Law
AHP SETTLEMENT CLAIMS CAN STILL BE FILED:
If you have already received Matrix Compensation and did not participate in the 7th Amendment Fund you may file a Supplemental Claim for a worsened injury if you have been diagnosed with a medical condition that qualifies for a Matrix Compensation Level and dollar value above any previous Matrix Compensation award you have already received.
If you have not received Matrix Compensation, did opt-out of the 7th Amendment Settlement Fund by filing the required form no later than November 9, 2004, and had a matrix level condition before December 31, 2015, you may file an Original Claim for Matrix Compensation.
Claims must be filed within four years of the new or worsened injury qualifying event.
Basic Criteria – All required:
1. Proof of use of Pondimin or Redux.
2. Registered with the AHP Settlement Trust on or before May 3, 2003.
3. Baseline Heart Valve Injury: Qualifying echocardiogram - performed after first use of Pondimin or Redux and before the end of the screening period - which shows mild or greater mitral or aortic heart valve regurgitation. The screening period ended on July 3, 2003, for echocardiograms provided by the AHP Settlement Trust, and on January 3, 2003, for all others.
4. Matrix Level Heart Valve Injury Before December 31, 2015: Qualifying echocardiogram performed after first use of Pondimin or Redux and before December 31, 2015, which shows one of the following:
a) Moderate or severe mitral or aortic regurgitation plus at least one of the following complicating factors: enlarged left atrium, enlarged left ventricle, elevated pulmonary arterial pressure, or low ejection factor.
b) Severe aortic regurgitation without complicating factors.
c) FDA positive regurgitation with bacterial endocarditis.
5. If Criteria 1 through 4 have been met, injuries occurring before the Pondimin/Redux user's 80th birthday may be the basis of a new or worsened injury Matrix Level 1 through 5 claim. See main Fen Phen page for more information.
Who participated in the 7th Amendment Supplemental Fund?
Those Pondimin and Redux users who met the definition of a Category 1 or 2 Claimant - as defined in the Seventh Amendment to the AHP Settlement Agreement - were automatically included as participants in the Seventh Amendment Supplemental Fund unless the claimant filed an opt-out form by November 9, 2004. The definition of Category 1 included those who had an unresolved Green Form on file on November 9, 2004, which supported a Level I or II injury. The definition of Category 2 included those diagnosed with no more than FDA positive or mild mitral regurgitation prior to the end of the Screening Period.
FDA positive regurgitation is: mild or greater regurgitation of the aortic valve and/or moderate or greater regurgitation of the mitral valve, without any of the complicating factors of enlarged left atrium, enlarged left ventricle, elevated pulmonary arterial pressure, or low ejection factor.
Participants in the 7th Amendment Supplemental Fund may no longer file claims. The deadline has passed.
CONTACT US TODAY
406 S. Boulder Avenue, Suite 400
Tulsa, OK 74103-3800
P.O. Box 1550
Jenks, OK 74037-1550
Toll Free: 866-584-0070
Accepting Cases Nationwide
Toll Free: 866-584-0070
Receive a free confidential consultation
* Indicates a required field
Complete and submit this form and an attorney will contact you.
Representing Pondimin and Redux victims since 1998.
Accepting new Fen Phen clients nation wide.